“Let Jesus be your friend”, John 15, Malcolm Cox, Thames Valley churches of Christ
“Let Jesus be your best friend”, John 15
- We are made for friendship
- Adam needed Eve
“The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”” Genesis 2.18
- Think about the significance of friends throughout your life
- None like Jesus
- Friendship he offers us cannot be earned
- Friendship he offers cost him dear
1. Jesus defines friendship
Only he really knows what friendship is all about
2. Living in friendship with Jesus
“meno”: stay, continue, dwell, lodge, remain, rest, settle, endure, continue unchanged, persevere, constant, steadfast, indwell, abide….
“to be in close and settled union”
- Friendship with Jesus means…
Time: Spark + Proximity + Time
Trust: life and doctrine
Telling: proud of our friend Jesus
- What would your life be like with a closer friendship with Jesus?
- What would your church be like with a closer friendship with Jesus?
- What would your world be like with a closer friendship with Jesus?
Thank you for listening to this podcast. You can find more episodes in our feed. Our web site is http://www.tvcoc.org.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about the Bible or the Christian faith? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send us your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for listening. Have a super day.