“The Eagle’s Eye”: Class 3, John Chapters 5-6
Audio can be found by clicking here.
“The Eagle’s Eye”: Class 3
John Chapters 5-6
- ‘pisteuo’ - 100
- God: 14:1; God as the one who sent Jesus: 12:44; What the Old Testament says: 2:22; 5:46-47; Jesus as the one sent by God: 6:29; Jesus’ name: 2:23; Jesus himself: 3:18; 4:39; 10:42; 12:42, etc.; Jesus as the son of man: 9:35-38; Jesus’s miracles: 10:38; Jesus as the Messiah:11:27; 20:3; What Jesus says: 8.45-46; 14:11; The fact that Jesus is in the Father and that the Father is in Jesus: 14:10; 7:21
- Faith as ‘allegiance’
- John 3.36; 8.31-32
- Mental affirmation
- Professed fealty
- Enacted loyalty
2. Digging Deeper: John 5.1-15
- Bethesda’s pool and 5 Colonnades up
- Luke’s geography
- 32 _________________
- __ cities
- 9 __________________
- __ mistakes
3. “It is I”: John 6.16-21
- From mountaintop experiences to storms of doubt
- Power or presence?
- “What has stood out to you from tonight?”
- Read John 7-8 between now and Sunday
- Discuss what you’re learning and your questions with your spouse/friends.
- Ask God to reveal what aspect of Jesus he would like you to focus on through this series.
Thank you for listening to this podcast. You can find more episodes in our feed. Our web site is http://www.tvcoc.org.
Please add your comments on this week’s topic. We learn best when we learn in community.
Do you have a question about the Bible or the Christian faith? Is it theological, technical, practical? Send us your questions or suggestions. Here’s the email: email@example.com.
Thanks again for listening. Have a super day.
Topics: allegiance, Amesbury, archaeology, Banbury, Basingstoke, belief, Bethesda, Bracknell, Bracknell Leisure Centre, Capernaum, Christian churches near me, churches close to me, Churches of Christ, Deepcut, Frimley, Galilee, Gospel of John, Gospel of Luke, High Wycombe, ICCM, ICOC, International church, Jerusalem, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Lower Earley, Malcolm Cox, Mark Abril, Oxford, Rachel Abril, Reading, Reading University, Salisbury, Shevvy Dannatt, Southampton, Sunday School, Thames Valley, Thames Valley church of Christ, Thames Valley churches of Christ, Thames Valley location, the Thames Valley, Tim Dannatt, tv coc, tvcoc, Winchester, Youth Ministry