“They Spoke So Effectively” Acts 14.1 Class I: “Why we speak”
“They Spoke So Effectively”
Class I: “Why we speak”
Our motivation, aims, purpose in speaking. The activity of God in speaking.
Find a God-inspired motivation and you will find something to say, and the motivation to say it.
- QUESTION: “Why do we speak in congregational gatherings?”
- QUESTION: “What are some of the ways God ‘spoke’ to humankind in scripture?”
- 2 Corinthians 5.19-20
- Romans 10.15
- QUESTION: Since God is perfectly capable of speaking for himself, “Why does he choose to do so through humans?“
- God speaks through …………
- It’s the ………. way to communicate his truth and love
Response and question and answer session
- Next week: “What to speak about” - How to pick a passage/topic; how to exegete; lesson planning tips.
- Homework for next time:
- Write a one sentence summary of why you speak - share next time
- Send me questions/suggestions
Resources: Tuesday Teaching Tips